Thursday, October 30, 2008

Unbound Identity Concept

The new assignment is to create a portfolio website showcasing our identity. I have yet to learn any Flash, but HTML and CSS I can do. So building a website is not a problem, but my identity...is. And before I can create an effective website about me, I'm going to have to develop a concrete and cohesive identity concept.

Not at all "in love" with my logo concept, I have doodled around with the idea of an RC logo.




My main issue is that I don't really have any concept behind the idea of the wave. The R and the C look cool together, but why do they make a wave?

Thinking about concept, I recognize a certain minimalist tendency in my work. From this idea, I came up with 'streamline' as one of my core design tenets. After more brainstorming, I eventually came up with "Unbound" as a design concept. I think it is an elegant concept drawing on my interest in science and mathematics. Unbound also connects with the design world from the perspective of unbound books, paper, etc. and in that same line of thought with the paper-free environment of the internet and screen-based design.

Below is a quick mock-up of my rc wave design utilizing my new Unbound concept.


I still don't love it, but it's coming along. I'm going to keep thinking about this whole Unbound idea. More to come...

2 comments:

Wafa said...

I personally like the wave concept with the unbound notion. It's really creative and says more about you as a person and a designer than the other ones :)

cricket and a red wheelbarrow said...

Your site and graphic are wonderful. It denotes sensitivity and creativity that matches your personality. I especially think your explanation of unbound is intriguing.